Success!



2012 Participants
 
There’s something special about a group of people gathering together on a cold, windy morning to participate in a 5k. It doesn’t matter how many races I run or how large or small the event, every time I stand at the starting line I get an overwhelming surge of excitement and energy for what I’m about to do. This Thanksgiving morning was no different as I and nearly 75 others came together in Lake Park to run the first annual Families Forever Turkey Day 5k. The event was held to raise scholarship money for the Families Forever Scholarships that are awarded each year to two young women in the community; a Lake Park Audubon senior and a Miss Northwest contestant. I’m very pleased to say that thanks to the number of participants and our sponsors, we will be able to increase our 2013 scholarship amounts.


This event would not have come together without the awesome group of runners and walkers who laughed/cried through the brutal wind and cold. You were all there for different reasons; to support the scholarship efforts, to get in some exercise before your Thanksgiving feast, because you too lost someone you love to cancer, because supporting each other is what “we” do in a small town or just because you share the love of running. We appreciate all of you for being there.

A big thank you to our generous sponsors!

Lakeshirts

AnyTime Fitness

Hair It Is

Detroit Lakes Community and Cultural Center

Casey’s General Store Lake Park

the city of Lake Park,

Central Market

Families Forever Garden Quilt Show and Tea.



And finally, a personal thank you to the following people; I came up with this crazy, spur of the moment idea two weeks before it took place and you all went right along with me. My husband, Kevin Vranicar, my dad and sister, Doug and Angelica Ballard, my aunt and uncle Peggy and Ed Stellmach, Amy Jacobson, Mindi Larson, Liz Olson and Mel Hanson- I owe you all for the work you put into this! Thank you!


Our winner Cory Belleuille

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom