S T R E S S E D


I take things too personally.

I hang on to meaningless comments.

I am a people pleaser.

I worry about what people think of me.

I then externalize all of this when I get home on my poor husband.

I don't really have a stressful job. I enjoy what I do and who I work with.

I should just learn to keep my mouth shut and nod my head. Ever since yesterday late afternoon I have had this pit in my stomach about something at work. I talked to Kevin about it but its still there. Its not the task I'm being asked to do that bothers me- what bothers me is how the entire situation was handled. Sometimes I feel as if there are people in this company who look at me and others in my same position as uneducated hired help who are waiting at our desks for our next task.

I should back track....the majority of my work is not like this. For some reason I seem to be "nominated" for all open spots that need to be filled. I enjoy being busy, it drives me nuts when I'm not but assuming that because I don't look busy means that I am not busy kind of gets to me.

I should just retract all of what I just wrote. It's a rambling of emotions and really- its not going to be a big deal. I will take on this new task, fit it in somehow and go with it. Job security right? :) (And no Brie, this does not have anything to do with the meeting we have next week for the new project I'm working on with you.;)

So in summary...I feel like this new task moves me away from the direction I want to be moving right now. It's pulling me back. I hope I'm wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom