Happy birthday Cooper!


Thursday October 22nd 1:45am I woke up to use the bathroom. As I got out of bed, much to my surprise since I hadn't had any contractions... my water broke! I went to the bathroom just to "make sure", I thought that water breaking like this only happened in the movies. Indeed my water had broke- "Kevin, my water just broke!"

We called the hospital to let them know we were on our way and away we went! Upon arriving we were "assessed" to make sure I was actually in labor- the nurse kind of laughed since it was quite obvious I was. They checked us into our labor and delivery room where Kevin and I discovered there was only one anesthesiologist on that night/morning so if I wanted an epidural I better get my name on the list. We then walked the floor for awhile until I started getting contractions...my goodness. I have a new respect for my girlfriend Kari who has had two little boys without any pain medicine. I have no idea how she (or my mother for that matter) did it. I apparently am a much bigger wuss then them :)

Once I was given the epidural life was good again. My only discomfort was the strange feeling of not being able to move my legs at all. They were lead legs the rest of the day.

It was now about 4:30am and Kevin and I tried to get some rest.

2pm- we start to push

Little Cooper's face was in the wrong position so my hour and a half of pushing was all for nothing- he wasn't gong to budge. My doctor- wonderful woman she is- arrived to see what was going on. She repositioned the little man and about 10 pushes later Cooper Anthony was here! (We later realized that the nurses were walking about a cesarean birth...glad my doctor appeared when she did.)

Now here we are, our son is a wonderful, wonderful change to our life. Sleepless nights, endless diapers and learning what his cries mean are all something we expected but enjoying all of it as much as we are is kind of surprising. All of the hard work and exhaustion is so worth it.

Comments

Brie said…
It was so fun to hear your story! What a precious little guy :)
Millie Eidsvaag said…
Congratulations you two!

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom