Where has Cooper gone?!

Yesterday our wonderful little boy was returned to us after having gone missing for a week. Last Thursday Cooper came down with what we thought was a cold. I rushed home from work and spent the afternoon with my sick little boy. He had a temp, runny nose, cough, etc and seemed like he just had what everyone else has right now.
He kept getting worse.
He started waking up in the middle of the night coughing, hot and sweaty and just not comfortable. It was as if he was bouncing back and forth between feeling a little like himself and then like a totally different boy. And by different we mean whiney, stubborn, crying, screaming, not eating, won't let you put him down little boy. He cried and whined more in the last week then in his whole short little life added up! Kevin and I reminded ourselves how lucky we were that he was only like this while sick.
We finally decided that after numerous calls to the doctor we just had to bring him in, even though they said we really didn't need to be worried until his temp went up to 104!
At the doctor's office it was discovered that he had an ear infection, bronchitis and possibly strep. Poor Cooper!
Even after starting antibiotics that evening he didn't seem to be getting any better. He still had a low grade temp. He still was crying, whining, not eating and would not let me put him down. We called the clinic Tuesday night, they told us it can take up to 48 hours for the medication to kick in.
The next day was Wednesday. I picked Cooper up from daycare, where I found out he still wasn't himself and really didn't' have a good day. I took him home where he cried and screamed if I tried to put him down. I thought to myself, he must be getting worse! When Kevin came home I called the clinic, they told us it could take up to 72 hours for the medication to kick in. During the half hour I was on hold to speak to a nurse, Kevin had taken Cooper downstairs to play. When I went down to tell Kevin what I'd learned he informed me that Cooper hadn't cried one bit until he spotted me again. So I guess we can see who Cooper has trained.
After we overcame the hurdle of Cooper thinking he can cry and get what he wants from me, it seems we are back to normal in our house.
Here's to hoping the Ground Hog was right and winter and all of this sickness is on the way out and spring is just around the corner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom