Thinking about buying a piece of land

For some time, the past 6 years to be exact, I've been thinking about buying a piece of land near my childhood home. It's so near in fact that when you stand in the backyard at my dad's house, you can see it. It's location is both a curse and blessing. It's nice to be able to just look in that direction and see it over there as the sun sets- it can really be a  beautiful thing, but at the same time, it's always there and you can't get away from it.
Let me back up...when my mom died and we needed to choose a place for burial my dad made a point to let me know that the plots next to her were also available. I've thought about it since then and wonder if that's the "right" place. There's something about knowing where I'll be that is comforting. Even typing that is strange...this is where I become a trippie dippie hippie....BUT even though I don't think I will "know" that I'm there, the idea that our family will be together makes me feel good. I've always gotten homesick- I still do- so I suppose this is just another way that it comes out.
I haven't asked Kevin about this yet... I wonder what he would think if for Christmas I bought us a spot? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom