Kale Chips

I really love chips. In fact, in high school I'd buy a large bag of nacho flavored Doritos and devour the ENTIRE bag on the bus ride home after volleyball games. (I know.... total glutton.)

I've been wanting to make kale chips for some time. With the abundance of kale in our house lately, thank you farmer's market, I've had it as part of my lunch and wanted to do something different than eating it raw. What better form than CHIPS?!

I looked several places for a recipe that was simple and straight forward. The recipe below is from foodnetwork.com and is one of Melissa d'Arabian. I did not have sea salt so I used plain old "table" salt and to be really honest I didn't measure anything to carefully.

Ingredients


  • 1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Sea salt, for sprinkling

Directions

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes.

The times to bake are perfect. The one thing I want to find out is...how do I store these? Mine are so crispy and light that they break fairly easily. My next batch I will try to make my pieces a little larger.

Let me know how yours turn out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom