So...what do you do?

Since leaving my desk job earlier this summer, I've been asked what exactly we do every day or more so, why we do SO much. I'm not much of a sit still kind of gal, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find me sitting through an entire sitcom. (unless of course we are watching Breaking Bad- I cannot stop watching it!)
Because I'm often asked this and because I wonder too what stay at home moms/dads do with their time during the day, I thought I'd share a pretty typical day for me and the boys.

4:45am- My alarm goes off and I head to the gym. This is an insane hour to be up, but it is the only guaranteed time I can get it in

6:00am- I'm back home brewing my first of two cups of coffee. Between now and about 7am I get myself ready for the day, catch up on emails and if we are headed out for the day, pack lunches

7:00am - 7:30am- the boys wake up and breakfast is served

8:00am - 9:30am- books, cars or other indoor play as we get dressed, clean up from breakfast and get ready for our activity for the day

9:30am - 10:00am- If our plans for the day don't have us going anywhere we'll head outside and bike, swing, slide, etc unless it's raining then it's downstairs we go for cars, trains, puzzles, you get the picture

Most days I like to take the boys somewhere. I do this for a few reasons:

1. We get tired of looking at the same things
2. It helps if I can take them somewhere like a park or splash pad. Our yard is decent sized, but without sidewalks and two boys who prefer to drive their bikes into the street, its better to find a park where I can just let them run

11:30/Noon- Lunch Time!

12:30 - 1:00pm- Naps

While the boys nap I clean up, throw in laundry, start part of our dinner if I can.

3:30pm- Everyone is awake. We head back outside if it's nice, go for a walk, play in the water if it's warm enough

5:30pm- Dinner is started. I try to get the boys started with an indoor activity while I cook, sometimes it works and other times I've got a little redhead at my feet begging for scraps of whatever I'm making

6:00pm- Let's EAT!

6:30pm- clean up and head back out for a bike ride or other activity

7:30pm- Tubby Time.

8:00pm- Books and bed

The goal is to have them settled in bed by 8:30pm.

8:30pm - 9:00pm- clean up from baths, put away any toys still laying out

9:00pm until I fall asleep- more emails and hopefully the news if I can stay awake!

Everyday is different and soon this will change as Cooper starts preschool and Parker and I attend ECFE classes, but for now, we're trying to get as much outside play as possible...I'll brave the cold for the boys, but I'm REALLY not a cold weather fan.

The days fly by, I cannot believe it's already August tomorrow! We're having a ball and don't want to slow down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom