Fast Metabolism Diet

Seven days ago I started following Haylie Pomroy's Fast Metabolism Diet guidelines. I became interested in it thanks to Landyn Hutchinson's Living with Landyn Facebook page and after reading about it on my own, was interested in how it could benefit be nutritionally, not so much in losing weight.
I first bought the app for my phone to help me choose foods and have the information literally in my hand at all times. If you are interested in this program and have a smart phone, I would highly recommend the app.
I tried this for the first time in September but was way overwhelmed by the food to buy, when to eat, how much, etc so it didn't last. This time I made my meal maps (basically inputting what I would eat for each meal that week) and headed to the grocery store. For me, I was able to choose all foods my family already eats.
The week is broken into three phases, Phase 1 is the first two days. This part is great, whole grains, fruit- no problem.
Phase 2 is the next two- HARD PART. I did not like these two days as much, in fact after some online reading, nearly anyone who follows this says the same thing.
Finally, the last three days are Phase 3 and these are great. You eat everything from the first two phases plus healthy fats. One more thing- everyday you need to drink half your weight in ounces of water.
You repeat this for a total of four weeks or 28 days then there is a maintenance mode you can follow.
Again, my focus wasn't weight loss, but I did lose three pounds this week. You are not supposed to drink coffee and I did everyday (I'm not crazy) and I also enjoyed some ice cream during the course of the week. I'm planning on continuing with it again this week- if you want to join me let me know. I have the cookbook and phase 2 would be wayyyy easier with a friend or two!
I posted nearly every meal on Instagram if you want a better look at what you eat: @mrsvranicar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom