Its' my blog and I'll be chipper if I want to

For me, most mornings look something like this....

and I'll admit that sometimes, just prior to this I'm all warm and snug in my dark bedroom, longing for just a half hour more of sleep. But, I know that a half hour of sleep isn't going to make me feel as good as a half hour at the gym. So I throw back the covers and just get out of bed.
Before I was a runner, I would hear people talk about the runner's high and thought they were nuts. I would later learn that you need to run more than a mile to feel this....
Before I started posting updates on Facebook or on the blog about my real love of being at the gym or doing something to become more fit, I too would become almost annoyed by those ultra-hyper workout queens who were so happy and motivated and positive. I realized recently that I may be turning into one of those people who post about going to the gym, about finding a new healthy alternative to something, who really does feel pretty freaking amazing after a long run or after a great workout. At first, I was hesitant to post these things, I didn't want to draw attention to what I was doing; hard for some of you to believe right?! :) But, honestly, I did not want to come across as arrogant or all-knowing. I think it is important to be proud of our accomplishments, to make our goals public, to strive to be something really great, because, why not? But, it is even more important to be a person who can shine without overshadowing others.

"You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn



For a long time I would be friends with people who were doing just the min mum to get by and who were fine with their life being where it was, they had to desire to really live to their potential. Now, I try to be with people with who are committed to bettering themselves through clean eating, exercise, community service and a sense of obligation to giving back more than we receive. I  have read so many times, that it is when we get out of our comfort zone that we really see results and see what we are really capable of. For me, this has been so true. Last summer I attended a class at an Oxygen fitness model's studio; read more here at the second blog I created which was meant to be dedicated to fitness to not bog down this one, but you see how far that went.... On one hand I was intimated to go, on the other hand I badly wanted to be able to show up and be part of the great things that happen there. I'll never regret having gone, not only did I learn some great new ways to workout, I met some incredible people. With all that said, I have yet to make it back there for another class.
If I were willing to give up time in one are to spend in the gym or doing community service work, I would be the fittest, most philanthropic person I knew! It is hard to find a balance of being a mom, wife, daughter, friend and still being me. I work on this EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
So...the point of this blog- partially to "defend" my crack of dawn, positive, overly energetic, sappy, go-live-your-life posts and blogs. What's the other point? Because this is my blog, and that's what I wanted to write about. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl Next Door

KARE 11, Are You Hiring?

Beauty Queen to BoyMom